Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is “robotic” software that can automate tasks that are methodical, repetitive, and rule-based, which leaves time for the workforce to focus on higher value activities. RPA is highly versatile, flexible, and enhances IT security while being entirely technology agnostic.
Organizations have many rule-based tedious and repetitive activities. By implementing RPA, the company’s operations gain significant benefit in economic savings, quality and control improvements, workforce benefits, and flexibility.
As companies increase the scale of automation, they will improve their automation algorithms and continue to see new applications for RPA to create sustainable and long-term transformational change and competitive advantage.
Benefits of RPA
- Capture and interpret actions of existing applications in business processes
- Automatically process transactions, manipulate data, trigger responses, and communication across multiple systems
- Use of ‘drag-and-drop’ functionality with simple configuration. No coding experience necessary.
- Creates measurable processes and supports operational governance. Ability to prioritize robots work.
- Master repository for defined jobs with version control.
- Rapid deployment of 2-12 weeks for a process.
- Ability to reduce costs of existing manual operations by 25 – 50% or more.
- Improves service and generates ROI usually in less than a year.